Coyhaique – A Gateway to Fascinating Sights
The capital of Aisén region, Coyhaique is a modern city that has enjoyed considerable development over the years. Surrounded by dramatic mountains, glacial lakes, wild nature, ice fields and rivers formed in the Andes, Coyhaique is the setting for extraordinary contrasts. It is the jumping-off place for visitors wanting to traverse Patagonia's most beautiful landscapes. Opting for a car rental in the city is a great idea to explore Coyhaique and its nearby tourist spots.
Tourist Points In and Around Coyhaique :
- Puerto Aisén - Situated on the banks of río Aisén, the town is where you can visit the attractions such as Lago Los Palos and Puerto Chacabuco.
- Parque Nacional Río Simpson - The park's main points of interest include río Simpson (among the best fly-fishing rivers) and Cascada de la Virgen surrounded by a beauteous countryside.
- El Fraile Ski Center - Located 29km from Coihaique and over 1,000m above sea level, this ski center amid the forests of ñirre and lenga provides ideal ski conditions.
- Lago Elizalde - The beautiful lake is accessible 33km along the road to village Balmaceda and is a great site for hiking, photography and trout fishing.
- Laguna Escondida - Situated 26km northeast of the city and set in lush grassland, the lake with a vast variety of birds offers excellent opportunities for sightseeing.
Get your favorite rental car for Coyhaique with us and experience effortless journey within the city.